środa, 3 maja 2023

Comeback form the Ancient Past!

Oh boy, I sure as heck didn't expect myself to come back here. It was Seven years. Seven! With a bit of extra. I had a turbulent bit of, well, everything going in with my life as one can expect that a lot of things can occur during such a lengthy period. I'll spare you a life story, that is not what we are here for after all, but do want to say that I'm definitely reviving a thing - this glorious hobby. Miniature painting. Maybe even wargaming. So, of course, in the past I had a lot of things started and never finished when it comes to painting projects, so this time around, even before considering writing back here, I decided to test my mettle, so to speak. To check myself, try myself. I was not painting miniatures for a long time in any way and capacity that would be worthy of mention. Sure, in the meantime I did have over 30 Warhammer Underworlds warbands, half of them painted, but I never thought of returning to display of my stuff... Especially after Games Workshop did what it always does and murdered that system in my eyes by mutilating the only format I played at, making me suspend the hobby for half a year.

But now I am back. And in force, first trashing my entire collection (by liquidating it on auctions, of course!) and then taking a much-needed break. I was seriously evaluating if I just wanna be done with this hobby. Find something else. But alas, my itch came back to me and after cleaning the shop I was back at the painting station, deciding what to tackle again...

This time, however, with a set of much firmer rules to keep me focused - I grew up a lot over past 7 years and my disciple is way sharper, which I am eager to prove here, and soon! Here are the rules for my hobby projects:

  • No more than two at a time! Now someone can ask, why not one? Simply to not go crazy~ Painting single army to the same color scheme might be great way to paint a whole army fast... Or burn out half way, going crazy with painting the same colors over and over again. Two projects let me mix things up when I get tired of applying same schema.
  • No boxes of grey waiting to be slain. It is easy to buy a big stack of minies and take months to even assemble them. The idea here is to actively paint, so I am allowing myself having 5 model for each projects on the chopping block and not actively buying a single one more until the initial batch is cleared up. Basically, parcellation, making sure I have enough variety to have fun but not stack impossible odds against me.
And that's it! Simple enough, but should keep me focused and in check. Now, as for the projects themselves...

COURT OF THE YELLOW KING

Court of the Yellow King are outcasts amongst Rotbringers. One could consider the very idea to be laughable, as in their very core, the followers of the Lord of Decay are famously inclusive. It is not that they are, however, enemies or traitors, but their unusual, fringe cult is barely tolerated, scoffed at, and scorned by those more dedicated in their zealotry in the name of Nurgle. For the Court of the Yellow King harbor a blasphemous notion that Grandfather Nurgle is not the true god of Entropy, but merely an avatar, a shard… A manifestation of the even greater, cosmic power that lurks in the void between the realms, the terrible and vast starscape not known even to those lesser gods, which claim dominion over the known realms.



More lore will come, but I start with a humble set of 5 heroes for the army. The initial goal is to first collect all the characters - starting from the smallest, ending with the grandest in the form of Great Unclean One and Glottkin when the times come for them. For now starting with: Lord of Blights, Lord of Plauges, Gutrop Spume, Festus the Leechlord and, not visible in photos since I got him a day later, Rotbringer Sorcerer.

HIVE FLEET TINDALOS

Hive Fleet Tindalos comes on the tendrils of the new, massive invasion of Tyranids into the Galaxy far and wide. While Leviathan and its supporting branches strike at the heart of Sol system in astonishing, impossible numbers, lesser fleets curl into other targets to attain different goals. As the Hive Mind learned via its scout forces, this galaxy is rife with psionic powers, psykers and entities of the warp. This required further specialization, a way to create organisms that can not just stand and fight against such entities, but conquer them with ease, show their mastery and be able to find a new source of energy to digest - capability to devour the aetheric energies of the aether itself. Tindalos is a splinter fleet designated and designed to test the Hive Mind new anti-psionic organisms and tactics, by sending them against targets those new Neurotyrants, Psychophages and Neurogaunts can be tried truly - Aeldari of the Craftworlds and Neverborn entities of the Demonworlds.


The idea came to be way before Leviathan box was unveiled, and I was delighted to see that the box itself is pretty much MADE to be a great big start to a Tyranid force that fits my narrative, heavily tilted into the psionic units, with new, awesome psyker leader beast. Can't wait to get my hands on them. For now I just got myself a single box of which I plan to make one of each - Zoantrhope, Venomthrope and Neurothrope.

So, to be super transparent - those are older photos, from about two weeks ago, and I already managed to put a LOT of paint to the minis, but I want this blog to be a fuller documentation of my exploits and projects, so I want to... well, start from the beginning, as all things should :D Stay tuned for first colors and more of my custom army lore to come!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz